Theory and Principle is looking for a senior Full Stack Developer to join its team in Portland, Maine. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal technology product design and development firm, working at the intersection of law, justice, and technology.
This company’s office is on the waterfront in Portland, Maine, but we’re a hybrid team and working out of the office is not a requirement.
We’re looking for an individual who can work with a range of clients from non-profits to large, multinational law firms to:
- Assist in technical planning and estimation of development tasks.
- Contribute to requirement gathering and design of new functionality.
- Architect, design, optimize, and refactor code.
- Build out the front-end of custom products and be able to translate wireframes and design into world class web applications.
- Assess current code bases and make refactoring recommendations to improve efficiency and readability.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong experience with React or equivalent technology.
- Experience with server-side frameworks.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Experience working on a team using Agile methodologies.
- Experience with git.
- Comfortable working in a command line environment
- Experience using and interacting with APIs.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrate past experience through a robust portfolio.
Nice to have:
- DevOps experience (CI/CD, Docker, Cloud primitives)
- Sysadmin experience (Ubuntu, CentOS, Amazon Linux)
- Familiarity with AWS & Azure
- Automated testing experience (lab, cypress, jest, etc.)
- Familiarity with 12 Factor App methodology
- Experience with ORMs and Query Builders
- Open Source contributions
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- Generous vacation policy
- 401K matching
- An inclusive environment of justice-minded software experts
- A place to grow and learn while working on impactful projects