Come build the future of law with us
Working with Theory and Principle means you’ll be working on some of the most exciting products in legal and justice tech. We’re looking for team members with a passion for improving justice and systems of law. Check out our current job postings!
Theory and Principle is looking for an experienced designer to join its team. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal and justice technology product design and development firm. We work with nonprofits, law firms, and legal tech companies globally and are on a mission to bring good design to the legal industry.
The company is based in Portland, Maine but local and US-based remote applicants are welcome.
- Create Wireframes for new products
- Conduct UX audits of existing products, including conducting research into the usability of products, drafting usability reports, and mocking up suggested UX improvements
- Create moodboards
- Create style guides
- Apply styles to wireframes
- Support the development team during product builds
**Note – we get that most designers lean strongly to either UX or UI work. We’re open to either, but would prefer a candidate who also has at least some experience in their non-dominant skill. Please just be explicit in your cover letter which activities you consider in your core strengths and which are out of your current capabilities and/or interest. Please also include a portfolio with your application.
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years relevant experience in user experience design of digital products that have been released to market.
- Deep knowledge and skills in design, interaction, and technology.
- Fluency in current industry design and prototyping tools.
- A robust portfolio with details on your specific role and contribution.
- Experience working on a team using Agile methodologies.
- Information architecture experience preferred.
- Experience using Sketch and Invision
- Experience conducting UX research
- Experience conducting client workshops/design sprints
- Experience developing and executing on user testing plans, both before, during, and after development
- Graphic design skills
- Illustration skills
- Branding skills
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- A take-as-much-as-you-need/want vacation policy
- An inclusive environment of justice-minded software experts
- A place to grow and learn while working on impactful projects