Come build the future of law with us
Working with Theory and Principle means you’ll be working on some of the most exciting products in legal and justice tech. We’re looking for team members with a passion for improving justice and systems of law. Check out our current job postings!
Theory and Principle is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join its team. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal and justice technology product design and development firm. We work with nonprofits, law firms, and legal tech companies globally and are on a mission to improve the legal experience for all through thoughtfully designed digital products.
The company is based in Portland, Maine with a waterfront office space, but we are a remote-first team. Both local and remote applicants are welcome.
- Create Wireframes for new products
- Create moodboards
- Create style guides
- Apply styles to wireframes
- Support the development team during product builds
- Conduct UX audits of existing products, including conducting research into the usability of products, drafting usability reports, and mocking up suggested UX improvements
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years professional experience in user experience design of digital products that have been released to market. This requirement does not include school projects.
- Deep knowledge and skills in design, interaction, and technology.
- Fluency in current industry design and prototyping tools.
- A robust portfolio with details on your specific role and contribution.
- Information architecture experience preferred.
- Experience using Sketch and Invision
- Experience conducting UX research
- Experience conducting client workshops/design sprints
- Experience developing and executing on user testing plans, both before, during, and after development
- Graphic design skills
- Illustration skills
- Branding skills
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- A generous vacation policy
- 401K matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Twice-annual firm retreats
- Summer half-day Fridays