© 2023 Theory and Principle
Good User Experience Design is a PROCESS.
1. Define: Explore & define [your understanding of] the problem to be solved.
2. Research: Dig into the problem with users. Conduct user research and analyze user data to validate or disprove your understanding.
3. Ideate: Create low-fi wireframes of possible solutions. This step is what is more commonly thought of as UX design.
4. Test: Review prototypes of critical application path with real users.
5. Design: Apply visual styles, creating high-fidelity mock ups. This is where UI design comes in: choosing colors, typography, iconography, and imagery that enhances the product, and ensuring the visual interface meets accessibility standards.
UX/UI is an art AND a science at Theory and Principle.